Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables

From: Andres Freund
Subject: Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
 Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
  Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
   Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Thom Brown, )
    Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
   Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Andres Freund, )
    Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Rob Wultsch, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  ("Pierre C", )

On Tuesday 25 May 2010 11:00:24 Joachim Worringen wrote:
> Am 25.05.2010 10:49, schrieb Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz:
> > temporary tables are handled pretty much like the regular table. The
> > magic happens on schema level, new schema is setup for connection, so
> > that it can access its own temporary tables.
> > Temporary tables also are not autovacuumed.
> > And that's pretty much the most of the differences.
>
> Thanks. So, the Write-Ahead-Logging (being used or not) does not matter?
It does matter quite significantly in my experience. Both from an io and a cpu
overhead perspective.

Andres