Re: Upgrading from PostgreSQL 7.4.3 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From peter@vfemail.net
Subject Re: Upgrading from PostgreSQL 7.4.3
Date
List pgsql-novice
The latest PostgreSQL 7.4.x version is 7.4.28.  Does that mean I need to do 25 separate updates or does Release 7.4.28
containall of the prior updates to version 7.4?

--------

At 06:02 PM 4/14/2010, Tom Lane wrote:
>peter@vfemail.net writes:
>> I'm running PostgreSQL version 7.4.3 on a Dell PowerEdge SC400 running FreeBSD 4.10.  Fresh SCSI drives were
installedin the server a week ago.  A variety of Perl, PHP, shell and perhaps other scripts read read from the
database,write records to the database, and otherwise shuffle data here, there and everywhere all day, every weekday.
Rebuildingthe server from ground zero isn't a viable option.  I'm clueless what is dependent on anything else.  Because
thesystem was built by a number of people over a period of many years, there is no one person who understands the
systemin its entirety . . . other than when something doesn't work it's a headache.