Re: ERROR: row is too big: size 8176, maximum size 8160 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: ERROR: row is too big: size 8176, maximum size 8160
Date
List pgsql-general
DimitryASuplatov <genesup@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using postgresql-8.3.7 and have recently got this error:
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: row is too big: size 8168,
> maximum size 8160

Please show us your table definition.

Wild guess: you have many, many columns, non-text (INT or something
else), and such a row is bigger than 8 KByte, PG can't use TOAST.

I think, you should re-design your table, read about normalisation.

Andreas