Re: Inserting 8MB bytea: just 25% of disk perf used? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From fkater@googlemail.com
Subject Re: Inserting 8MB bytea: just 25% of disk perf used?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Ivan Voras:

> [I just skimmed this thread - did you increase the number of WAL logs to
> something very large, like 128?]

Yes, I tried even more.

I will be writing data quite constantly in the real scenario
later. So I wonder if increasing WAL logs will have a
positive effect or not: AFAIK when I increase it, the
duration after the max is hit will be longer then (which is
not acceptable in my case).

Could anyone confirm if I got it right?

 Felix