Re: New mug design - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: New mug design
Date
Re: New mug design  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Rob Napier wrote:
> Whatever kind of coffee you make, you still need some water.

Yes, but you combine the water and the coffee outside the mug.  ;-)
Unless we are talking about cheap instant coffee, and we all agree
Postgres should not be associated with cheap, poor-tasting coffee;
there are other databases for that.  ;-)

> e.g. Outside the USA, very few people use cream (or anything
> pretending to be cream).

Uh, how come they put milk in tea only outside the USA?  As a tea
drinker, I am confused.  ;-)

> Even when I make a cappucino I need water to make steam.

Do you do that in the mug?

> I think that we have to expect American culture in the message
> even though it is supposed to be targeted at an international
> market unless you opt for a more generic message.

I didn't realize the cream/milk issue.  Is there something else we can
include?

> Anyway, I think the idea of tying the function of the coffee
> mug to PostgreSQL concepts has a lot of merit.

Cool.