Re: new elephant color - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: new elephant color
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Le mercredi 18 novembre 2009 à 17:52:44, Thom Brown a écrit :
> 2009/11/18 Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de>:
> > Beside the fact that this thread is a joke:
> >
> > A turtle is usually slow (ok, not our two water turtles, but that's a
> > different thing) and i don't like the impression: PG = slow.
>
> Yes, nothing like the rocket-fast elephant ;)
>
> Out of curiousity, what connotations does an elephant have in Japanese
>  culture?

Terrorism. A japanese religious group made a gas attack (sarin IIRC) in the
Tokyo subway in 1995. This group used a blue elephant as a logo. You can get
more informations from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aum_Shinrikyo (but nothing
on their logo AFAICT).

--
Guillaume.