advocating pgsql was:passing parameters to multiple statements - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Subject advocating pgsql was:passing parameters to multiple statements
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:39:05 +0100
Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> Standard is good. And I prefere standard everywhere, where is

[snip]

> Any dogmatism is wrong - yes. But minimally me - and probably David
> has very bad experience with design ala "all sql code for all
> databases". And I have good experience with different strategy -
> early decomposition and separation application and database (engine
> specific) layer. Nothing less, nothing more.

[snip]

I'm not competing on the technical position of the issue, yours is
very respected. I'd like to put the accent on the "social" part of it
and on the fall back on our beloved DB.

I think there are far more people knowing just one DB and badly than
companies with such strict (insane) policies and... well PostgreSQL
is very standard compliant.

I'd beat another horse ;)

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo