Re: Postgres Clustering Options - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Kerr
Subject Re: Postgres Clustering Options
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 07:32:24PM -0900, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
- On Wednesday 11 November 2009, David Kerr said something like:
- > I'm trying to meet a very high uptime requirement in a high
- > performance environment.
-
- If you don't mind Xen, have you considered:
-
- http://dsg.cs.ubc.ca/remus/ System mirroring/hot standby, with instant
- failover, complete with any open TCP/IP connections, etc.
-
- With paravirtualization, the performance hit shouldn't be very big.
-
- j

Hehe, that opens up a conversation that got closed on me long ago. =)
The I/O hit though would be tough for me though.

thanks!

Dave