Re: Patch committers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Patch committers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Rick Gigger wrote:
> Couldn't you have a policy that every patch is reviewed first by someone who wants to be an expert in that area, and
thenby someone who is currently an expert.  Then you have the best of both worlds.  The patch is reviewed by someone
willmake sure it won't cause problems, and the want to be expert gets training and will eventually be able to be the
expert.

The wannabe-experts can do all the reviewing they want today (and they
do).  But we cannot make this a hard requirement, or we risk stalling
the project for patches that are not reviewed timely by non-experts.