Re: Editor for sgml files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: Editor for sgml files
Date
List pgsql-general
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 06:09:19PM -0800, Richard Broersma wrote:
> > Out of curiosity,  what are the favorite editor for authoring the
> > PostgreSQL document sgml files?  (I would be shocked if the whole
> > thing was developed from scratch using a simple text editor.)
>
> You might be, but that's approximately what happened.  Common editors
> for this task are Emacs and Vim, each of which has varying levels of
> support for SGML :)

As an FYI, I've been working with Netbeans a bit recently, and it actually
has pretty good support for SGML/XML-ish files.  Shows you when you're
missing end tags and the like.

Might not be for everyone, but just an option thrown in the mix.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com