xml import/export tools and performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Subject xml import/export tools and performance
Date
Re: xml import/export tools and performance  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: xml import/export tools and performance  (Ries van Twisk <pg@rvt.dds.nl>)
List pgsql-general
I need to import/export through xml files.

I was looking for tools/examples/HOWTO for postgresql.

Right now I still don't know the details of the requirements.

I know I won't need a GUI.

I know one of the exporting parties will be a MS SQL 2005 server, so
it would be nice if there was an easy way to import xml generated
with the FOR XML AUTO, XMLSCHEMA ('forpg').

I'd like to have a tool that can write XSD from queries
automatically.

I may need to strictly specify one of the xml output format since
one of the importing parties pretend to support xml with something
that is more like a tagged csv.

Currently I'm mostly looking around to see where it would be
convenient to move the boundaries of the problem.

I'd be curious about what kind of performance impact they may have
compared to COPY.

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo