plperl and inline functions -- first draft - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua Tolley
Subject plperl and inline functions -- first draft
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I've been trying to make pl/perl support 8.5's inline functions, with the
attached patch. The basics seem to be there, with at least one notable
exception, namely that plperl functions can do stuff only plperlu should do. I
presume this is because I really don't understand yet how plperl's trusted
interpreter initialization works, and have simply copied what looked like
important stuff from the original plperl call handler. I tested with this to
prove it:

    DO $$ qx{touch test.txt}; $$ language plperl;

This works both with plperl and plperlu. Hints, anyone? Comments?

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation

Attachment