Re: Postgres alpha testing docs and general test packs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Postgres alpha testing docs and general test packs
Date
List pgsql-general
Thom Brown escribió:

> Obviously PostgreSQL has survived very well without this, but I would
> expect this would help more users perform more testing.

Keep in mind alphas are new.  Last time around, we only released a test
version when we were going to go to beta.  And the alpha idea was
accepted only because it was said that it was going to be very light on
the developer team.

If anyone (you?) wants to step up and produce the document you request,
it'll probably be linked to.  But please do not request the current
development team to work on it, because most of them are overloaded
already (or have other reasons not to).