Re: Are folks running 8.4 in production environments? and 8.4 and slon 1.2? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kenneth Marshall
Subject Re: Are folks running 8.4 in production environments? and 8.4 and slon 1.2?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 01:03:10AM -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Tory M Blue <tmblue@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Any issues, has it baked long enough, is it time for us 8.3 folks to deal
> > with the pain and upgrade?
>
> I am running 8.4.1 for my stats and search databases, and it's working fine.
>
> > Anymore updates regarding 8.4 and slon 1.2 as well, since I usually
> > build/upgrade both at the same time.
>
> I don't think 1.2 supports 8.4 just yet, and 2.0.3  or so is still not
> stable enough for production (I had major unexplained outages with it)
> so for now, no 8.4 with slony.

slony-1.2.17-rc2 works fine with version 8.4 in my limited testing.
I have not been able to get replication to work reliably with any
current release of slony-2.x. There was a recent comment that the
latest version in CVS has the 2.x bug fixed but I have not had a
chance to try.

Regards,
Ken