Re: attempted to lock invisible tuple - PG 8.4.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: attempted to lock invisible tuple - PG 8.4.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Stuart Bishop wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Alban Hertroys
> <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl> wrote:

> > A similar issue was discussed just recently here:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2009-09/msg01219.php
> >
> > That issue involved cursors though (and a serializable isolation level, but
> > you have that). Do you have any triggers that use cursors on the table that
> > the update fails for?
>
> There is a trigger on that table, and it is certainly the culprit as
> can be seen here (different table, same trigger):

I don't think the committed patch touches anything involved in what
you're testing, but if you could grab CVS tip from the 8.4 branch (or
the snapshot from ftp.postgresql.org:/pub/snapshot/stable/8.4 ) and give
it a try, that'd be great.