Re: WIP - syslogger infrastructure changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: WIP - syslogger infrastructure changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> Second, data transfer from the backends is now in the form of
> structured data, and the actual logging message is put together in the
> syslogger

I'd like to have an opposite approach -- per-backend log files.
Syslogger and appending logs at only one file will be a performance
bottleneck when we want write a lot of logs. Per-backend log files
like "postgres.<backend-id>.log" would be a help then.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center