Re: Backup aggregate function - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Joshua Tolley
Subject Re: Backup aggregate function
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 09:41:14AM +0300, Victor Jason wrote:
>    Is there a way to backup (dump) a specific aggregate function from the db
>    (in the same manner as using -t option for a single table)?

One method is to use pg_dump -s, which will dump the entire database schema
but none of its data, and then use your favorite text editor to pull out the
definition of just the function you want. There are functions to retrieve the
definition of various system objects (e.g. pg_get_indexdef,
pg_get_constraintdef), but I don't see one for functions.

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation

Attachment