Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Ship documentation without intermediate tarballs Documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Ship documentation without intermediate tarballs Documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 10 August 2009 09:26:33 Tom Lane wrote:
> petere@postgresql.org (Peter Eisentraut) writes:
> > Ship documentation without intermediate tarballs
>
> After this patch, "make clean" in the doc/src/sgml directory no longer
> does anything useful.  Even "make distclean" fails to remove all the
> cruft left behind by a build.  This needs to be rethought a bit,
> else we are going to be shipping tarballs containing junk.

make maintainer-clean is supposed to remove "everything".  make distclean is
supposed to remove things that are not supposed to be in the distribution.  If
you can identifiy something that should not be in the distribution and is not
removed by distclean, let me know.