Re: Malfunction in dropping database with pgAdmin - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Malfunction in dropping database with pgAdmin
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le lundi 10 août 2009 à 08:24:30, Sergei Abramov a écrit :
> Platform: Windows XP, 5.1 (Build 2600).Language: Russain.
> Distribution used: Binary.
> pgAdmin version: 1.10.0.
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.0-1.
>
> Bug description: When I use menu command 'Delete/drop' to drop database,
> PostgreSQL server reports:
> WARNING: could not remove file or directory "base/16435": Directory not
> empty
> WARNING: some useless files may be left behind in old database directory
> "base/16435".

This has nothing to do with pgAdmin. I think you have a much bigger problem
with your server.

> However, specified directory appears empty and I have to delete it
> manually.

You should NEVER delete anything manually. I mean anything under base
directory.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com