Re: Adding alter column syntax into postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From JwexlerAt MailDotCom
Subject Re: Adding alter column syntax into postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Fortunately, there's already a specification discussed for this.  We'd
> like to have the ability for each column to have both a logical position
> and a physical position which are separate.  This would also allow us to
> dynamically re-arrange the columns at CREATE time for best storage
> efficiency.
>
> It would also provide a foundation for column aliases.
>
> However, I don't think there's much code for this yet.  Are you in a
> position to either write code, or fund work?

I am glad to here that there is a specification discussed. This would be a great help in administration and
organizationtasks (for example when working with a very large database using the pgadmin tool).
I wish I were in a position for assisting with the code or funding but unfortunately am not.
Thank you for considering and I am hoping that interest in this increases and over the near-term horizon.

=
700% Massive Penny Stock Gains
We Find Penny Stocks that go up! Were the No1 Stock Newsletter Online.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=6d0b4885a30374506bbb3552d9331caf