Re: Advocacy Links, people using PostgreSQL, Trends. - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Advocacy Links, people using PostgreSQL, Trends.
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 13 July 2009 20:19:33 Guido Barosio wrote:
> How can we relate this, with the efforts being done?
>
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=PostgreSQL&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0
>
> /* Don't waste time saying: "This has nothing to do with PostgreSQL
> because...". There are several ways to understand this graph, but all
> say: "things are slowing" */

Well, perhaps if fewer people are searching for PostgreSQL, then more people
already know where it is and have no need to search for it all the time.

Note also that the search trends for competing products like MySQL, SQL
Server, and Oracle are pointing into the same direction.