Re: Any s.w. virginia (Blacksburg / Roanoke) PostgreSQL users?

From: David Fetter
Subject: Re: Any s.w. virginia (Blacksburg / Roanoke) PostgreSQL users?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:46:16AM -0400, Scott Mead wrote:
> Just an update:

> I received an off-list reply from someone in the Richmond area who
> pointed me to the VT. LUG.  I've posted on their member list to look
> for interest.  I'll keep the PG community up to date as I find
> users.  If anybody has suggestions for me, I'd appreciate the input.

One way to gather interest is to volunteer to do a talk at an upcoming
meeting about PostgreSQL.  It could be anything from a five-minute
lightning talk on some neat feature to a full hour presentation with a
fancy slide deck and time for questions, depending on what you're
comfortable doing.

If that gets interest, you can see about ramping up to having a
separate meeting.  Just pick a day and keep meeting.  Here in the SF
Bay Area, we go second Tuesdays, but the important thing is to pick a
day and time, and keep meeting.

More info and tips here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/UserGroupOperatingManual

Cheers,