Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch> [090527 06:20]:

> Has anybody ever tried using cvs2git? Being based on cvs2svn, it should
> yield better results than cvsps. It's even recommended from the issues
> section of the git-cvsimport man page [1]. And git-cvsimport seems to be
> able to continue from an initial import with cvs2git.

cvs2svn (and hence cvs2git  certainly has *oodles* of code explicitly to
try and deal with "weird" (non-linear) cvs histories (a la type of the
PG repo)...  I'm not sure I would take the reference to "the old cvs2git
tool" to be the cvs2git that's currently active and based on cvs2svn...
If anybody can confirm that the incremental git cvsimport can follow a
recent cvs2git conversion, that would definitely be awesome!  If I can
come across a few free hours some time, I might even try it myself!

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,