Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Date
Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [090526 11:20]:
> Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca> writes:
> > This has been raised and ignored many times before on -hackers... The
> > reason is because the tags in the CVS repository are "broken" (i.e they
> > are such that it's impossible to actually create all the tags), so the
> > git "cvsimport" tools that try to tags all croak on the PG CVS repository.
>
> > The tool which doesn't croak doesn't try and import all the tags, just
> > the sticky "branch tags"...
>
> > Scripts to "fix" (actually, remove) the broken tags have also been
> > posted, along with requests that if somebody is "mucking" with the
> > actual repository, to make sure it's known about, and access is "denied"
> > during the mucking period (access being any rsync/anoncvs/mirroring of
> > the cvs root).
>
> Up to now I've always been of the opinion that fixing those tags wasn't
> worth taking any risk for.  But if we are thinking of moving away from
> CVS, then this clearly becomes one of the hurdles we have to jump on the
> way.  Can you refresh our memory about which tags are problematic and
> exactly what needs to be done about 'em?

Specifically, it's 2 tags, and I just remove them:   REL7_1_BETA2   REL7_1_BETA3

Previous
threads:http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=20080220225300.GE16099@yugib.highrise.cahttp://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=20081229155140.GP12094@yugib.highrise.ca

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,