Re: Some 8.4 changes needed according to pg_migrator testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Some 8.4 changes needed according to pg_migrator testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 07 May 2009 20:54:37 Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I don't think there's much we can do apart from telling the user not to
> move stuff across platforms that do not have equally named locales.

The other part of the problem is that there is no guarantee that equally or
similarly named locales behave the same.  There will necessarily be a user-
beware factor here, and perhaps blowing up when the locale name is not
recognized is safer and alerts about this fact better than trying to make it
match by force somehow.