Re: "could not reattach to shared memory" captured in buildfarm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: "could not reattach to shared memory" captured in buildfarm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> I didn't mean race condition between backends. I meant against a
> potential other thread started by a loaded DLL for initialization.
> (Again, things like antivirus are known to do this, and we do see these
> issues more often if AV is present for example)

I don't understand this.  How can memory allocated by a completely separate
process affect what happens to a backend?  I mean, if an antivirus is running,
surely it does not run on the backend's process?  Or does it?