Re: windows shared memory error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: windows shared memory error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> How does this look?
>
> Passes my tests, but I can't really reproduce the requirement to retry,
> so I haven't been able to test that part :(

I'm disappointed :-(  I thought this thread (without reading it too
deeply) was about fixing the problem that backends sometimes fail to
connect to shmem, on a system that's been running for a while.  But I
see that it's about recycling the segment after a crash (and/or
restart?), so it has no relationship to the other case at all :-(

I can't comment on the patch itself.