Re: Restore Crashes Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Restore Crashes Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Christine Penner wrote:
> The crashes I get are the windows, this program has encountered a
> problem and must close, error. At that point I can't do anything with
> Postgres. I can't restart the service. I have to restart windows.

The PostgreSQL logs should have more info regarding the crash.  I think
you really need to solve this crash; it should normally never happen.
(Postgres can be configured so that the log ends up in the Windows event
log, by setting log_destination=eventlog in postgresql.conf.  If you
haven't set that up, it's probably ending up in a file somewhere).