Re: Are there performance advantages in storing bulky field in separate table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leif B. Kristensen
Subject Re: Are there performance advantages in storing bulky field in separate table?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 8. April 2009, Ron Mayer wrote:
>Sam Mason wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 04:56:35PM +0100, Ian Mayo wrote:
>>> One more thing:  hey, did you hear?  I just got some advice from
>>> Tom Lane!
>>
>> Statistically speaking; he's the person most likely to answer you by
>
>Even so, this might be the #1 advantage of Postgres over Oracle (cost
>being #2).

I'll subscribe to that. Like almost everybody else on this list, I've
got some excellent replies from Tom. And of course it's one of the
major advantages of PostgreSQL. (The cost being a close second.)
Me And My Database: http://solumslekt.org/blog/