Re: Postgresql On Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: Postgresql On Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 04:45:26PM +0200, Aurimas Černius wrote:
> Windows support forward slashes as well, only not all Windows programs
> do support that (cmd.exe for example doesn't). So, it's worth a try.

Where did you get the idea that cmd.exe doesn't support forward slashes?
It just passes them on to Windows like every other program and hence
(pretty much) just works.  The only time I've found it not to work is
when you type "cd /" and it doesn't go to the root of the drive you're
in which is a little strange.

If programs attempt to interpret the path and attribute special meaning
to backslashes then they will indeed break, but very few programs seem
to do this.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/