Re: small but useful patches for text search - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: small but useful patches for text search
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> > You are assuming that only commit-fest work is required to get us to
> > beta. ?You might remember the long list of open items I faced in January
> > that I have whittled down, but I still have about twenty left.
> >
> > Tom has done work fixing optimizer bugs introduced in 8.4. ?I have had
> > EnterpriseDB work to do and am working on the release notes now. ?The
> > bottom line is that there is lots of cleanup required to get to beta
> > independent of the last commit fest work.
>
> Sure.  I don't have a problem with that.  But I don't see what it has
> to do with the point of my original post, which is that it we can
> either make the release happen on time, or we can get all of the
> patches reviewed, but we can only do both if the committers have the
> time and energy to make that happen.  Do you disagree?

I agree.  My point was that we let hot standby and se-pg stay around
longer than necessary because we were involved in other things.  We
could have said they had sufficient review in January if those were the
only things holding us up.

http://enterprisedb.com