Re: pgsql announce now on twitter - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Douglas J Hunley
Subject Re: pgsql announce now on twitter
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 04 March 2009 01:58:14 Michelle Konzack wrote:
>   Am 2009-03-03 21:38:39, schrieb Douglas J Hunley:
> > Hi everyone:
> > I really wanted to let everyone know that I've created @PGSQL_Announce on
> > Twitter and setup a cron job to parse the feed and post it to Twitter.
> > It's been working for a little while now and I think it's stable enough
> > to announce to the world.
>
> For What?  --  Increasing Twitter-Spam?

I increasingly find myself travelling between our offices or in the data center
and away from my email/feed reader. But, I always have my phone, so getting
the updates via SMS was a win for me

> Twitter is the last crap, sending me between 30 and 150  spams  per  day
> and the Abuse Departement does not react.  I was forced to block Twitter
> entirely on my Mailserver since they have even spamed my postmaster  and
> abuse address.

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience. If I could do something for you, I
would. I'm also not at all sure what led to your situation as I literally
receive /no/ emails from Twitter. It's all SMS for me.

> > (PS - I'm not on these lists. CC me if you want me to see your response)
>
> Done

Thanks!
--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net)