Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Well, I've been trying to get Red Hat to interest their NSA contacts in
> it, and Bruce and Josh B have been making efforts via EDB and Sun that
> I don't have details about, but nothing much has come of any of that.

It's certainly frustrating to hear that Red Hat, who have been pretty
big proponents of SELinux, not showing interest in having it supported
in PostgreSQL.. :/

> Maybe waving a red flag in front of the selinux list will have some
> effect.

I certainly hope so.  I'm planning to review the patch and documentation
and set up an environment and run it through its paces this week.
Thanks,
    Stephen