Re: Status Report on Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Status Report on Hot Standby
Date
Re: Status Report on Hot Standby  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday 16 January 2009 19:16:42 Simon Riggs wrote:
> Bruce asked for 2 more weeks to get patches into shape for commit.
>
> Current patch v8e is attached here. Ready for commit? Up to you.
>
> My overall opinion is that it's in very good shape. Worth the community
> including it in this release and spending further time on it. I'm happy
> to stand by this going forwards.

+1

> The patch could benefit further from input from other various hackers,
> what couldn't? It's time to put this in a shared repository (of some
> kind) and make further changes to it in a controlled manner.

Yep. I've now got this running on Linux and Solaris and testing so far has
looked good. I've also spoken to a couple other people who have built it and
run it, and everyone has been pretty happy. It'd certainly be nice to see
this get into the main source tree to make it easier for future testing. (For
example, one hurdle on Solaris, I had to get a different version of patch to
handle Simon's diff... ugh!)

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net