Re: New pg_dump patch, --no-stats flag, disables sending to statistics collector - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New pg_dump patch, --no-stats flag, disables sending to statistics collector
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Bruce,
>> If this is a generally desired feature (and I question that), I think we
>> need a more general solution.

> I'd argue that it is generally desired (or some convenient workaround)
> but not urgently so.

One person asking for it does not make it "generally desired".  I think
that the use-case is more than adequately served already by using
PGOPTIONS, or by running pg_dump under a user id that has the
appropriate GUC settings applied via ALTER USER.