Re: pgday.org : how to federate the PgDays ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: pgday.org : how to federate the PgDays ?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 14:18:37 +0100 Magnus Hagander wrote:

> damien clochard wrote:
> >
> > As i see it, this new pgday.org website doesn't have to be shiny and
> > flashy. It would be just a web page linking all the forthcoming events (
> > UK, brazil, etc... ).
>
> We already have the main website events listing for that. I don't think
> I like to see it fragmented.

The main website lists events, wiki.postgresql.org lists events and
wiki.postgresql.eu also lists all the events. Isn't that enough? ;-)

> We have enough different "portals" already, I think. If they're not good
> enough, we should make them better instead of just creating another one.

+1

> > The pgday.org domain could used to provide sub-domains to the local
> > events , like portland.pgday.org and such
>
> That, however, could be a good usage for it.

Either that or create a wiki page for each event.

Bye

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group