Re: pg_dump problems in upgrading - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump problems in upgrading
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
>>> 3. A view is being created before one of the tables it refers to.

> While I don't think that the oids have wrapped round, the oid of the
> table in question is larger than the oid of the view.  It is quite
> likely that the table was dropped and recreated after the view was
> created.

> In fact, the view no longer works:
>   ERROR:  Relation "sales_forecast" with OID 26246751 no longer exists
> so that must be what happened.

Ah ... so the view was broken already.  I'm surprised you didn't get a
failure while attempting to dump the view definition.

The new dependency stuff should help prevent this type of problem in
future ...