Re: When to hold Pg East - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: When to hold Pg East
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:01:00AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> I take it those are the parts where Parliament no long presides? Oh
> wait....

No.  There's a whole extra time zone between Ottawa and the East
Coast.  Ottawa is in Central Canada.

But you're right that Canada has apparently joined the ranks of banana
republics, where the sitting head of government can dismiss the
legislature whenever it wants.  The Westminster system was _just fine_
for centuries, but since the British decided that _habeas corpus_ was
no longer always necessary, the wheels have come off.  Gah.

Anyway, I guess that's not too relevant to when to hold the USian
Eastern conference, eh?

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca