Re: Storing questionnaire data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Storing questionnaire data
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 09:34:20AM +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> Thanks David and Jeff.
>
> I can see your point.  The provided link might actually be useful,
> although I think I'd make some changes to it.

Good :)

It's not meant to be holy writ, just a way to see how you might
approach this problem without getting the EAV monkey on your back.
That monkey slowly turns into an 800-lb gorilla, and then grows very
quickly, crushing your app.

> I wouldn't have trouble data-mining such a structure for individual
> questionnaire results.  The planner will be shrugging its shoulders,
> but I haven't actually tested that solution with many massive
> questionnaires for its query performance.
>
> I pretty much have my answer.  Thanks for your input guys.

Happy to help :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!