Re: Transactions within a function body - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reg Me Please
Subject Re: Transactions within a function body
Date
List pgsql-general
Well, if it is a limitation, and having it would lead to a "better product",
why not making it a feature for the next still-open release?

In my opinion that's more than a limitation, it's a missing feature.
In your code you often need to create savepoints to delay the decision for the
commitment.
A Pl/PgSQL function is just a bunch of code you want to move into the DB.
So the need for savepoints seems to me to be still there.

Useless to say I would vote for a "GO".