Re: Noisy CVS updates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Noisy CVS updates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 03:39:39 -0400
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> > > ...etc.  Would it be OK if I went in and added .cvsignore files to keep
> > > the noise level down?
> >
> > Uh, no, at least not before you've explained why you get those messages
> > and others don't.
>
> I didn't know that I am the only one.  Am I?

Lots of other people do get them -- they are visible in the patches they
send.  Since I use a VPATH build, which puts all those files in a
separate directory, I get (almost?) no noise even though I don't bother
with "make distclean" most of the time.