Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane escribió:
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> > On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:22:28 +0300
> > "Asko Oja" <ascoja@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> The idea would be to use psql as backend for some other system?
> >> Or what do you mean by fed directly?
>
> > No, I meant that one would do any ad hoc query and cut and paste the
> > output directly into a tracking tool that supports ReST.
>
> There's still the question of whether this covers any needs that aren't
> met just as well by XML or CSV output formats.

I think it does -- I used to use the Latex output format for easy cut'n
pasting.  ReST sounds like it serves the same purpose.  If I had had to
use conversion to XML, it would have been rather painful.

What I wonder is whether this should be a border setting or a format
setting.