Re: Plugin system like Firefox - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Plugin system like Firefox
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Am Tuesday, 12. August 2008 schrieb Bruce Momjian:
> I feel the above comment about Firefox is the crux of the plugin issue.

The difference is that Firefox is an interactive eye-candy system whereas
PostgreSQL is a functionality-based server system.  A PostgreSQL database
system needs to have a set up method that is robust, reproducible, and
noninteractive.  Easy of use and click & drool is all nice, but overall I
think the requirements profile for a PostgreSQL plugin system is quite
different from Firefox.