Re: pg_dump additional options for performance - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pg_dump additional options for performance
Date
List pgsql-patches
* Simon Riggs (simon@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> The options split the dump into 3 parts that's all: before the load, the
> load and after the load.
>
> --schema-pre-load says
> "Dumps exactly what <option>--schema-only</> would dump, but only those
> statements before the data load."
>
> What is it you are suggesting? I'm unclear.

That part is fine, the problem is that elsewhere in the documentation
(patch line starting ~774 before, ~797 after, to the pg_dump.sgml) you
change it to be "objects required before data loading", which isn't the
same.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment