sh -> pl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject sh -> pl
Date
Re: sh -> pl  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Folks,

I've noticed that a big hunk of our build system has gratuitous
dependencies on some variety of shell and on tools like sed, none of
which makes Windows developers feel welcome.  I know people are
working toward a cmake or other more cross-platform toolchain.

My proposal is a lot more modest, and doesn't conflict with the larger
one.  I'd like to move the above stuff to self-contained perl would
help to make things more cross-platform and clean up, no offense to
the fine authors, some pretty crufty code in there.

Comments?  Objections?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!