Re: Booth Swag - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: Booth Swag
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
* Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> [080601 00:00]:

> The other reason we started doing the "live CDs" was because one of the
> (unjustified) complaints about PostgreSQL was that it was hard to install &
> set up.  Having a "live demo" which people could boot and play with was a
> refutation of that.  That perception still exists, and I haven't heard a
> better way of addressing it.

How about a VMWare/Xen/whatever virtual image that people can run which
is persistant.

Bonus points if it's got iSCSI support in it's kernel, a simple way to
add LUNs.  People/organizations might actually *use* it if the VM image
"works", and they can just simple add a LUN to it instead of having to
actually build a server and install it.

And NBD/DRBD/etc ready to do go as well..

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,

Attachment