BUG #4177: Dump and restore from Slonified 8.1.11 causes a segfault - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Githogori Nyangara-Murage
Subject BUG #4177: Dump and restore from Slonified 8.1.11 causes a segfault
Date
Re: BUG #4177: Dump and restore from Slonified 8.1.11 causes a segfault  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4177
Logged by:          Githogori Nyangara-Murage
Email address:      githogori@SiliconBazaar.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
Operating system:   CentOS 5.1
Details:

Either a pg_dumpall or pg_dump of a Slonified database on PostgreSQL 8.1.11
causes a segfault if I try to restore it on PostgreSQL 8.3.1. Got around it
by restoring onto another 8.1.11 and then did a cascaded drop <slony>
schema. The original Pg one was in production. The resulting dump was then
able to restore on an 8.3.1. Now we have 8.3.1 in production.

If you need more data, let me know since I can reproduce this at will.