Re: libpq thread-locking - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: libpq thread-locking
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Chernow wrote:
> ! int
>    pthread_mutex_init(pthread_mutex_t *mp, void *attr)
>    {
>        *mp = CreateMutex(0, 0, 0);
> +     if (*mp == NULL)
> +         return 1;
> +     return 0;
>    }
>
> Maybe it would be better to emulate what pthreads does.  Instead of
> returing 1 to indicate an error, return an errno.  In the above case,
> ENOMEM seems like a good fit.
>
> Also, maybe you should check the passed in mutex pointer.  If its
> NULL, you could return EINVAL.

Given that we only call this stuff internally, I don't think it's a big
issue. But either way - that part of the code will be replaced with the
critical_section code later anyway - I just want to get the "generic"
changes through first.

//Magnus