Re: constraint exclusion analysis caching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: constraint exclusion analysis caching
Date
Re: constraint exclusion analysis caching  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
* Andrew Dunstan (andrew@dunslane.net) wrote:
>> Seems like that'd make more sense the changing it to use the child
>> tables directly..  Just my 2c.
>
> This is actually a technique already used elsewhere in the app, so it
> will fit quite well. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Sure.

> (BTW, why does your MUA set Mail-Followup-To: (and do it badly, what's
> more) ?)

I'm amazed at the number of people who ask me this..  Guess it's just
different for different communities.  Basically, I like to keep my mail
in the different folders it belongs in, so I'd rather get responses to
my emails through the list than directly to me.  Additionally, I don't
really need to get two copies of every email sent to me on a mailing
list.

It's actually really frowned upon in the Debian community to not respect
MFT and it's common to have it set to just the mailing list.

More information about it: http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html
Enjoy,
    Stephen