Posting to hackers and patches lists - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Posting to hackers and patches lists
Date
Re: Posting to hackers and patches lists  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Folks, can we avoid posting an email to both hackers and patches lists?
I understand why people do it, but it is best avoided, I think.  If you
feel the need to keep patch discussion on hackers, please post just the
patch to patches and a summary to hackers.

Or better yet, have a URL to the patch in an email to hackers.

I think it would be helpful for us to provide an infrastructure where
people who don't run their own servers to store their patches at a
stable URL where they can keep updating the content.  I did that with
the psql wrap patch and it helped me.

http://enterprisedb.com